TREND OF THE END OF THE YEAR TREND OR BENEFIC FOR YOUR BODY, A DETOX IS A SIMPLE AND HEALTHY WAY TO CLEANSE YOUR BODY OF THE WASTE ACCUMULATED DURING THE YEAR. This diet and life style is not about dieting for weight loss, or restricting yourself during meals, but quite simply to do feel good.
What is a detox?
A detox is a process by which an organ inactivates substances originating inside or outside the body.
- Internal substances are toxins: free radicals, organic acids, etc. They can be limited with a healthy lifestyle.
- External substances are toxic substances, coming from outside via our life style and our diet: pollution, industrial food, alcohol, tobacco …
It is our organs that allow this detoxification: the lungs by breathing reject CO2, the skin produces lactic acid, the kidneys filter the blood and the liver converts toxins via urea.
What are the symptoms sent by the body for a need for detox?
How to start a detox?
Start your day by hydrating and strengthening your immunity. Hydrating your body is allowing the evacuation of waste out of the body and facilitates the transport of water-soluble vitamins present in plants (vitamin C and B vitamins). Drinking a large glass of warm water as soon as you wake up, followed by a glass of hot water of a stimulating drink helps to combine hydration and immune strengthening. Drinking quality water throughout the day, at a rate of 1.5 to 2 l / day, ensures continuous hydration and facilitates the body’s detoxification process.
Lighten and enrich your diet
- Seasonal vegetables at each meal and of different colors, provides a range of different vitamins and minerals that the body needs to optimize immunity.
- Favoring gentle cooking that respects food allows all of its properties to be preserved by opting for raw, juices, steaming and stewing at low temperature.
- Replacing salt with spices is a good way to add digestive, stimulating and anti- oxidant properties to our body.
- Do not neglect the good vegetable oils rich in omega-3 (flaxseed, camelina, walnuts…), they have a powerful anti-inflammatory effect and are delicious raw in salads, for example.
- The famous superfoods as algae, aromatic herbs, garlic, onion, shallot and herbal teas hide unsuspected virtues serving as stimulants and support for the body.
- Finally, green vegetables easily combine immunity and detox, as they allow easy elimination from the body while filling up with vitamins and minerals.
Pro-inflammatory and acidifying foods are avoided
During a detox, it is advisable to limit foods that are harmful to the body: red meat, processed food, refined sugar and food, dairy products and stimulants (alcohol, coffee, tobacco, etc.).
Far too much consumed, they are the source of many pathologies and chronic diseases. Favor on raw, vegetable diet and home cooking.
Chewing is caring !
Digestion begins in the mouth! Chewing well food allows a lighter digestion, without disturbances and without bloating.
Taking your time during a meal also helps us to be aware of what we have in the plate. Chewing between 20 and 50 times increases the nutrients present in food, the body really benefits from the benefits of its nutriments.
Let’s move !
To facilitate the detox of the body, it is advisable to move. Regardless of the physical activity, our bodies need to be “on the go” to stimulate the organs to detox. A good sweat allows the skin to evacuate toxins.
We pamper our liver
Mother organ of our organism and the n ° 1 of detox, with more than 800 functions, its role is to filter the blood and, in this case, to concentrate the toxins via the gall… it is necessary to take good care of it and especially during a detox.
Our body repairs itself at night! Sleep plays a key role in recovery since our large organs work at night, and in particular the liver. Nighttime awakenings are a sign of a need for detox. Without saying that a lack of sleep is often the source of many defects in the body (weight loss, snacking, stress, etc.).
Take care of yourself!
Stress and intellectual overwork, well known today, are also great sources of toxins. Think of yourself while taking time for yourself, quite simply. Meditation and yoga have been proved, these practices help to strengthen our resistance to stress, strengthen our immunity and to become aware of what surrounds us.
Natural recipes to optimize a detox
Stimulating morning drink
A drink to tone up digestion and immunity
- 1⁄2 organic lemon
- 2 cm of fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp of turmeric
- 1 knife tip of Cayenne pepper
Prepare a glass of warm water and stir in all the ingredients.
Detox green juice
Boost and protect your immunity with vitamins and a powerful anti-inflammatory.
- 1 green apple
- 2 handfuls of fresh spinach
- 1⁄2 lemon
- 2 cm of ginger
- 2 cups of water
- 1 tbsp of crushed flax
- Place all the ingredients in a Blender and reduce in juice until smooth.
- Serve directly with ice cubes.
Written by Aurelia Corbaz